Explain fundamentals of project managementUnit Standard: 120372 NQF Level: 4 Credits: 5
Work as a project team memberUnit Standard: 120379 NQF Level: 4 Credits: 8
Plan, organize and support project meetings and workshopsUnit Standard: 120382 NQF Level: 4 Credits: 4
Implement project administration processes according to requirementsUnit Standard: 120381 NQF Level: 4 Credits: 5
PM 0221 | 22-26 November | 5 days
This skills programme provides learners with the structure and discipline to achieve desired project outcomes on time and within budget in a way that ensures that people stay focused on outcomes and remain in control all the way. Even though this skills programme do not include formal Microsoft Projects training, learners get taught how to use a platform such as MS Projects.
Scroll down for more information
Upon completion, the learner will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Upon
verified Competence, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence from
the Services Seta.
The qualifying learner will be capable of:
- Administering the project library / repository to support change to affected items
- Arranging and supporting a project meeting and / or workshop
- Collaborating with other team members to improve performance
- Demonstrating an understanding of the criteria for working as a member of a team
- Executing processes and standards to support project change control
- Explaining the application of organisation structures in a project environment
- Explaining the major processes and activities required to manage a project
- Explaining the nature and application of project management
- Explaining the nature of a project
- Explaining the purpose, objective and scope of project meetings and / or workshops
- Explaining the types of structures that are found in a project environment
- Maintaining project organisational information
- Participating in building relations between team members and other stakeholders
- Planning for a project meeting and / or workshop
- Respecting personal, ethical, religious and cultural differences to enhance interaction
between team members
- Updating and communicating status of change requests
- Using a variety of strategies to deal with potential or actual conflict between team
Who should attend?
This skills programme is intended for people who will be working as a leader in the context of a small project / sub-project involving few resources and having a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment or working as a contributing team member on a medium to large project when not a leader.
These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects.
This programme will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business.
Learners should be compitent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
|Public (at our premises in Centurion) – an individual attending|
|On-site (at your company premises) - a minimum number of learners, please enquire|
Credits obtained during this skills programme will contribute towards qualification 50080,
FETC: Project Management, NQF Level 4.